Mississippi Stud Poker Review
Mississippi StudPoker is a poker variant that reminds you of Texas Hold’em. However, you will be playing against yourself in this game instead of another player or the dealer. You can find this in casinos online or in land-based casino facilities. There are also live dealer versions of this game.
The most common version you will find is made by Scientific Games.
Before you begin playing, you must first know that payouts and hand rankings as shown below.
- ROYAL FLUSH – 500 to 1
- STRAIGHT FLUSH – 100 to 1
- FOUR OF A KIND – 40 to 1
- FULL HOUSE – 10 to 1
- FLUSH – 6 to 1
- STRAIGHT – 4 to 1
- THREE OF A KIND – 3 to 1
- TWO PAIR – 2 to 1
- JACKS OR BETTER – 1 to 1
- PAIR OF 6’s TO 10’s – Push
How to Play the Game
In this game, only you, the player, will get a hand. Here is how the game operates.
- You place an ante bet.
- You will receive two cards face up.
- Three cards will be placed face down on the table.
- These cards are called 3rd Street, 4th Street, and 5th Street
- Before every card is revealed, you can choose to raise between 1x to 3x the amount of your ante.
- Or you can choose to Fold at any time.
If you fold, you lose any bet you wagered.
There is no Check in this game; you must raise at least 1x your ante until all cards are revealed.
- Once all cards are revealed, your hand will be determined.
- If your card is less than a pair of 6s, you lose all your bets.
- You will only win if your hand has at least a pair of Jacks or higher.
There is a thing called the 3-card bonus. This is a separate bet from the ante and the raises. Here, you will get paid if according the three cards that were first laid out face down. The hand does not take into account your first two hands.
The payout is shown below.
- MINI ROYAL – 50 to 1
- STRAIGHT FLUSH – 40 to 1
- THREE OF A KIND – 30 to 1
- STRAIGHT – 6 to 1
- FLUSH – 4 to 1
- PAIR – 1 to 1
Unlike slots, this requires a good strategy. It has no jackpots and has no game savers like wilds or scatters. The first thing you have to do is to play it free. Then wager real money once you are ready.
The house edge here is 3.7906%, so the RTP is somewhere around 96% to 97%.